The Hourly Support service provides system administration and other IT services to users not covered for the work by service contract.
Hourly support is fairly broad. It can cover most IT activities Engineering IT does or has the skills to do. It does not cover websites or application programming. In general, it allows those who do not have Research Support or Server Support to obtain assistance in those areas-desktop support, server support/setup, general IT consulting.
The services typically provided by Hourly Support are those listed under Standard IT Support, Research Support, and Server/Individual System Support. Additional services may be negotiated on an as-needed basis.
Departments, units, and research groups within Engineering at Illinois.
Requests will receive an initial response within one business day, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm, excluding University holidays.
This service is billed on an hourly rate, with a 1 hour minimum charge. Please see Service Fees for the most up to date pricing.
Users of this service agree to the following:
- A valid UI Banner CFOAPAL account must be provided at the time of request.
- Upon request, a non-binding written estimate of service costs will be provided prior to work commencing.
- Final charges for Hourly Support will be computed when the support request is completed or when requested by the user.
- Hourly service requests will be performed by Engineering IT professional staff as their daily workload permits. This may impact response and resolution times.
- Users are responsible for backing up all data on a system brought to Engineering IT for service. Engineering IT may require a waiver be signed before performing any service.
- In the event that the issue cannot be resolved, payment may still be required for time and materials.
- Engineering IT reserves the right to decline hourly work requests for any reason. (The most common being lack of staff time, outside our scope, or better ways to obtain the desired result)
- Website and Applications Development are not covered under this service. Please see related services below.
New Service Inquiries
General Service Inquiries
Interim Assistant Director for Research Services
Subscribers to this service may be interested in these additional services:
For a broader view of research-related IT support offerings from Engineering IT and on campus, please contact our Research Technology Facilitator, Mark Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For a broader view of instructional-related IT support offerings from Engineering IT and on campus, please contact our Instructional Technology Facilitator, Dave Mussulman (email@example.com)
Last Revised: September 7, 2016
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.