Engineering at Illinois uses the university electronic mail and calendaring services provided by Technology Services. The Office 365 provides email, calendaring, contacts and task items from any web-, desktop-, or mobile device-based computing platform, anywhere.
This service is available to all Engineering at Illinois faculty, staff and students as well as retirees, emeritus faculty, visiting faculty, and those with 0-percent appointments
The University Exchange service for electronic mail, outlined further on the Technology Services Exchange Services page, includes::
- Web and mobile access to email from any Internet connection
- A rich email client (Outlook 2010 for Windows or Outlook 2011 for Mac)
- Rules-based inbox handling
- No quota on mailbox size
- Calendaring, including sharing of individual calendars, room calendars and group and resource calendar sharing
- Individual and group contacts management that can integrate with mobile devices
- Global address list for all university faculty, staff, and students
- Integration with the Lync Instant Messaging client and telephone system
- Task management
Unified Communications is funded through Technology Services rate and funding for campus services and billed to units directly. There are no ala carte charges for UC services.
Most Exchange mailboxes are automatically provisioned for faculty, staff and students. However, you can access your Exchange mailbox, or contact your primary Engineering IT support person for assistance.
For assistance, please contact the email@example.com (Engineering IT Help Desk). Alternatively, you can contact your primary IT support person.