Portal Applications (Engineering)
The Engineering Portal Framework hosts a variety of home-grown web applications used widely in the College of Engineering and other units on the Illinois campus. These web applications support, streamline, and generally facilitate an array of business processes relating to finance, human resources, and academics. Applications are accessed through the Engineering Portal or one of the department-specific portals (e.g., https://my.ece.illinois.edu).
Administrative applications created and supported by Engineering IT and accessed through the Engineering portal framework.
Features of the Portal Applications Service include the following:
- Web based access to applications
- University authentication and authorization
- Ability to request modifications to applications
- Training on use of applications
- Department-specific portal web page
- A wide variety of applications are available. Please see the application listing below.
- Departments/Units in Engineering.
- A significant portion of the service is available to all Departments/Units on the Urbana campus.
Requests will receive a response within one business day, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding University holidays.
The following (application) rates apply only to non-Engineering at Illinois units for the current fiscal year. (Additionally, there is an annual $500 portal rate for each portal.) All rates are reviewed yearly and are subject to change.
Please scroll over the application name to view a brief description of the application. For more information or to access a system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The portal and its applications are accessed through an Internet browser.
- Users must have a campus netid and Active Directory account to log in.
- Departments can opt-in or opt-out of an application at any point. Costs are prorated based on start and stop dates.
- Departments/units must designate a stakeholder within the department/unit to handle access changes and/or file any change requests.
- For applications a department has access to, individual access is typically granted by a manager of an application in each department.
- Engineering IT cannot modify applications to suit each particular use case. Applications are generally available as-is, though change requests may be submitted by select staff.
The Engineering IT Shared Services Application Development Team has worked with the Engineering Admin Governance committee to develop a governing document for Engineering IT Application Development services. The document outlines the following for Engineering IT portal applications:
- Process for requesting new portal applications
- Maintenance and support of portal applications
- Change request process for portal applications
- The retirement of portal application process.
New Service Inquiries
General Service Inquiries
Associate Director for Application Services
Subscribers to this service may be interested in these additional services: