Teams integrates fully with Microsoft Exchange email and calendaring and voice services, increasing the functionality of all of these services and providing a substantial cost savings to campus. Skype for Business (Unified Communications (UC), Voice (Lync)) was a major, campus-wide technology initiative to modernize telephone service for faculty and staff.
This service is available to all Engineering at Illinois faculty, staff and graduate students as well as retirees, emeritus faculty, visiting faculty, and those with 0-percent appointments.
- A Teams account for voice/chat service
- Teams training available from FAST3
- A headset or handset, based on departmental standards
- Installation of Teams client for Windows and Mac OS; web client also available
- Special configurations available for receptionists and others who need to manage multiple phone numbers
Unified Communications (UC) is funded through Technology Services rate and funding for campus services and billed to units directly. There are no ala carte charges for UC services. Long distance usage is billed for. Units and/or individuals are required to provide their own Teams-compatible headsets and devices.