The Facilitation service provides trained facilitators employing methods based on the Technology of Participation methodology to design and implement discussions and exercises to assist participants in sharing perspectives, gaining ownership, and coming to consensus.
Facilitators will, in conjunction with requester’s input, design and lead discussions to efficiently make decisions, develop plans, collaborate, and build consensus with groups and teams.
This service requires a consultation between the client and facilitator at least two weeks before the meeting/event to discuss and establish the desired outcomes, goals, and objectives. Together they will determine the question to be answered, the deliverables to be produced, and desired group experience. The facilitator(s) will then design a series of questions and activities based on the structured facilitation methods that will deliver the desired outcomes in an efficient and engaging manner.
A facilitator will lead the discussion, but is unlikely to be an expert in the subject matter and will remain neutral through the discussion. The facilitator's purpose is to help the group deliver the desired results, not to express opinions or otherwise give input on the subject matter being discussed.
- Strategic planning
- Large center concept formulation and development
- Integrating diverse interdisciplinary perspectives and approaches
- Implementation planning
- Brainstorming and Innovation
- Community engagement
- Collaboration and Consensus
- Team building
- Gathering feedback
- Focus Groups
Departments, units, faculty, research groups/labs, and staff in the Grainger College of Engineering.
Requests will receive a response within one business day, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding University holidays.
Service TermsUsers of this service agree to the following:
- At least 2-weeks advance notice
- Consultation with the facilitation team to establish the goals and objectives of the facilitated discussion
- Completion of a follow-up survey to provide service feedback
- Requester will provide location/room and scheduling support for facilitation events
New Service Inquiries