Engineering IT offers consulting, design and technical support services for the Grainger College of Engineering’s digital signage needs
Existing or proposed digital signage installations in Grainger College of Engineering buildings or owned by Grainger College units, including endpoint computer systems, display monitors, and content display software.
- Design and Implementation: Engineering IT will assist with the coordination between supported units for the acquisition of digital signage endpoint computer(s), installation and configuration of Fourwinds Content Player software on those systems, and selection of display monitor(s). Units will be responsible for coordinating installation of power and networking at desired location as well as mounting of signage endpoint computer(s) near display.
- Technical Assistance: Engineering IT will offer technical assistance for supported units to help troubleshoot problems with Fourwinds Content Manager software, Fourwinds Content Player software, and configuration of the endpoint systems and display monitor.
- Content Management: Engineering IT will assist supported units with the creation and design of Fourwinds content templates for digital signage endpoints. Supported units will be responsible for the creation and design of digital signage content (e.g. images, videos, PowerPoint presentations, URLs, RSS feeds).
Engineering IT-supported units in the Grainger College of Engineering.
Requests will receive a response within one business day, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm, excluding University holidays.
Installation cost is variable, factored by location, hardware and design needs. There is a per-sign, per-year maintenance cost. Please see Service Fee page for the most up-to-date pricing.
- Engineering IT must be consulted on all new purchases or acquisitions of signage or endpoint systems to be supported.
- Engineering IT must have administrator-level privileges on all supported endpoint systems.
- Engineering IT reserves the right to refuse support on hardware or software that is significantly past end-of-life (typically five years for PCs; typically seven years for displays; past vendor support for software).
- Engineering IT currently uses FourWinds Interactive (FWi) for content management and playback for digital signage.
- Hardware and software solutions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
New Service Inquiries
For Digital Signage Hardware and General Questions:
AV Tech Specialist
For Digital Signage Content Design:
Grainger Engineering Office of Marketing and Communications