Design and Development
Website design and development is available for units in The Grainger College of Engineering through the Office of Marketing and Communications (Marcom). The web team has expertise in digital design, user experience (UX), website application development, and system administration.
The Marcom team provides professional web design and implementation services to the college, department, and units within the college. This ranges from fully customized websites to templates on existing systems. We use a college developed CMS for departments and a separate centralized WordPress network (publish.illinois.edu) for research groups.
The Marcom web team supports the college and campus to maintain brand standards by supplying template solutions.
The primary features of Website Design and Development service are:
- Templated web design and implementation that supports the marketing and communications missions of the college.
- Campus and college identity standards
- Hosting options
- Responsive design
- User experience design (UX)
- Research and analysis
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Graphic design
- Accessibility requirements
- Create event registration (both credit card and free events)
- Create forms and surveys
- Recommend appropriate content management systems (CMS)
- Develop templates
- Email announcements
- Publish.illinois.edu WordPress websites
- Domain name and registration (fees can be associated with domain name registrations)
Department/units, research groups, and faculty in the Grainger College of Engineering.
Requests will receive a response within one business day, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding University holidays.
Design projects will be scheduled based on client needs and available resources to complete the work.
- College and department websites are supported by collaborative efforts between department and college staff.
Users of this service agree to the following:
- Designed sites must comply with any relevant University branding and accessibility standards.
- Sites will only be implemented on campus hosted locations.
New Service Inquiries
General Service Inquiries
Web Services Manager
For a broader view of research-related IT support offerings from Engineering IT and on campus, please contact our Research Technology Facilitator, Mark Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For a broader view of instructional-related IT support offerings from Engineering IT and on campus, please contact our Instructional Technology Facilitator, Dave Mussulman (email@example.com)
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.