Lab Computer Cleaning
Weekly cleaning of computers in labs.
Computer workstations within instructional labs supported by Engineering IT.
The following are the primary features of Lab Computer cleaning:
Weekly cleaning of
- Surface on which monitors & keyboards directly sit
Departments and Units within the Grainger College of Engineering.
Cleaning shifts are scheduled weekend mornings during fall and spring semester.
Please see Service Fees for the most up to date pricing, or contact the person listed below in New Service Inquiries.
Pricing is based on the number of workstations in the lab.
Users of this service agree to the following:
- Labs must be inspected and approved before this service can be added
- Workstations must be located in an instructional lab of the College of Engineering which is supported by Engineering IT
- Departments are responsible to arrange for F&S Building Services Workers to clean all non-IT equipment aspects of the lab, such as trash removal and floors. Engineering IT cannot perform these functions.
- Engineering IT cleaning crews must have access to the labs, including any requisite physical keys or swipe card access to the exterior building doors and the lab rooms
- If the department/unit does not want the labs fully closed, then Engineering IT will work around any students using the lab, and workstations in use will not be cleaned that week.
- This service is only available when class is in session during fall and spring semesters. Weekends adjacent to breaks may not have cleaning shifts.
- Labs will be cleaned approximately once per week.
- Due to the unique and often sensitive nature of equipment, Engineering IT will not clean any non-standard equipment.
For a broader view of instructional-related IT support offerings from Engineering IT and on campus, please contact our Instructional Technology Facilitator, Dave Mussulman.